Call Today for a Consultation


When You Need Someone
To Make A Difference

Our Difference Makers Will Get You The Best Possible Results

Our Difference Makers
Will Get You The Best
Possible Results

What Are the 4 Types of Immigrants?

Latest News

The four main types of immigrants are naturalized citizens, permanent and conditional residents, illegal immigrants, and those with non-immigrant status. Naturalized citizens are those who have passed the U.S. citizenship test and have met all of the requirements, such as living in the country for 3 to 5 years. Permanent and conditional residents have the ability to live and work in the country but have not yet gained citizenship status. Illegal immigrants refers to anyone who is in the country through illegal means, such as crossing the border without proper procedure or overstaying a visa. Those who are on work or student visas or other temporary status are given non-immigrant status.

If you’re unsure of your immigration status or you need help applying for permanent resident or citizen status, our law firm can help. Call our office today to schedule your consultation. An attorney will talk with you about your history and goals and help you form a plan.

What Department Handles Immigration in the United States?

Understanding what part of the U.S. government is responsible for handling immigration-related applications, answering questions, and making immigration policies is important to ensure that you are contacting the people who can help you. In the United States, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office handles the majority of these types of issues. The Department of Homeland Security can also be involved, but this is usually reserved for immigration enforcement. Another resource for immigrants is the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman and, of course, immigration attorneys.

What Should I Do If My Immigration Application Is Denied?

If your immigration application was denied, it’s important to talk with an attorney as soon as possible. There may be other things you can do to stay in the country legally, but it’s important to take action quickly. An immigration attorney can help you file the appropriate paperwork and provide counsel on what to do in the meantime.

Do I Need an Immigration Attorney?

If you are trying to legally immigrate to the United States or have questions about your immigration status or how to move to a different status, you need an immigration attorney. An immigration attorney has the skills and experience necessary to be able to help you with your case and ensure that you are following all of the rules and procedures so that you can work toward the best possible outcome.

Call 651-571-8547  today to schedule your consultation. An immigration lawyer will sit down and discuss your case with you to understand what your needs are and then explain everything you need to know to move forward and how to partner with our firm.

Related Articles

What Is Legal Paternity?

Read More

What Are the Requirements for Divorce in Minnesota?

Read More

What Is Child Support?

Read More